AMI Business and Trade Promotions, Inc., was incorporated in Phoenix, Arizona, on December 4, 1996 as a non-profit organization under the Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(6). The organization is devoted exclusively to promoting socio-economic development in Africa via Private Sector Activities. Such activities that include but not limited to conferences, workshops, trade shows and trade missions. As a non-profit organization, and to maximize the effectiveness our activities, we will collaborate with NGOs, national and international trade organizations, regional trade organizations, government agencies, multilateral organizations and others that are providing development assistance to Africa.
The fundamental purpose of AMI Business & Trade Promotion, Inc., to provide high quality and result-oriented series of conferences, workshops and trade related services that will promote vibrant private sector activities across the continent.
Accordingly, our activities will:
- Highlight current business opportunities in Africa and show how to profitably access them.
- Provide venues for African business executives and their US counterparts to meet, exchange ideas and establish alliances.
- Discuss incentives available to US firms wishing to operate in Africa, both from the US and African standpoints.
- Discuss incentives and US business practices and regulations to African companies wishing to conduct with the US.
- Provide a forum where African policy makers and their US counterparts as well as representatives from international agencies developing assistance to Africa can discuss their current initiatives as they relate to private sector development in Africa.
- Showcase products, services, and appropriate technologies for African development.
- Discuss the experiences of US companies in Africa and versa versa.